Building Limes Hybrid Conference: Saturday 6 November
BLF members and lime enthusiasts from across the world came together online and in person for this exciting one-day event, aired from Exeter Cathedral, on the theme of Looking Back, Looking Forward: learning from the past to inform the future
The speakers were:
- Nick Durnan on the conservation of Exeter Cathedral west front,
- Berenice Humphreys of Cliveden Conservation on Wells Cathedral west front,
- Edd Walker of Cornish Lime on manufacturing standards and the test standards of modern limes, and
- Arthur Needham of Vitruvius Conservation ltd on mortar trials at Lancing College Chapel
- Dr Jo Cox of Devon Buildings Group on materials performance at Devon Churches,
- Tobias Carleton-Pragnell of Black Pheasant Consultancy on earth lime construction and technology. Finally,
- James Simpson will present the Baker Memorial Lecture.
BLF members hosted regional events to enable participants to join others to share lecture sessions, network and socialise, including off-line activities in the morning and evening.
Hertford/Ware, Hertfordshire, hosted by Between Time,
Maidenhead, Berkshire, hosted by Cliveden Conservation,
Lymm Hall, Cheshire hosted by Ecospheric,
York, hosted by York Minster,
Peel, Isle of Man hosted by Manx National Heritage,
Kendal, Cumbria, hosted by Crosby Granger Architects,
Edinburgh, hosted by Simpson & Brown Architects,
Elgin, Moray, hosted by Masonry & Lime.
A selection of lectures are available to view on the BLF YouTube channel.